- Electricity Training Institute, Sarojni Nagar, Lucknow was established in the year 1963. Presently, this is the only training institute of U.P Power Corporation Limited. This institute is recognized as the first-class institute by Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. This institute is situated on Lucknow-Kanpur National Highway that is at a distance of approximately 13km from Charbagh Railway Station and 3km from Lucknow Airport. This institute is established in a clean, airy and pollution-free environment that provides adequate environment for training.
- Three lecture rooms (one air-conditioned), in each around 35-40 participants can sit.
- One air-conditioned computer lab with advanced 20 terminals, internet and server.
- One air-conditioned auditorium with a seating capacity of 200 individuals.
- Fully equipped and air-conditioned mess that has the dining facility of 125 individuals.
- Library equipped with around 100 books of different subjects.
- Model room equipped for temporary exhibition of pictures and samples of materials used for distribution and nutrition.
- This institute is situated near 400 KV sub-station, Sarojni Nagar, Lucknow where it is possible to provide practical training related to 400/220/132/33/11/0.4 KV lines and equipment.
- There are two hostels for officers/supervisors/clerks/ accounting cadre which can accommodate up to 56 participants simultaneously.
- There is also a hostel for operators/ fourth-class employees which has the capacity of accommodating 40 individuals.
Wide range of basic training programmes has been organized by the Electricity Training Institute in last three years where in addition to basic training to newly appointed 304 Assistant Engineers (Trainee), 207 Junior Engineers (Trainee), and 182 Technician Grade-11 (Trainee); orientation training is also provided to 987 officers. The sequence of Specialized Training Programmre is ‘three days workshop on the subject of Meter and Metering System/ MRI’ and one day training on ‘Disciplinary proceedings’. Electricity Training Institute by using their extra training facility has given training to personnel of Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam/ Ordinance Factory, Kanpur/U.P Hydroelectric Power Corporation Ltd from which institute have earned a sum of Rs.25.23 lacs which has been transferred to U.P.P.C.L.
Address: Sarojini Nagar Lucknow-226008
Contact No: 0522-2476254 , 0522-2476347